If there’s one form of exercise that numbs my skull, it’s cardio.
Turns out, I’m 100% justified in hating cardio.
TL;DW (too long; didn’t watch)
Stop wasting your time on cardio.
Cardio is the bane of my fitness for 3 simple reasons.
- I get bored
- It takes to long
- I don’t see results quick enough
Beyond my personal frustrations, cardio is slowly killing you because:
- Cardio doesn’t burn the right kind of fat
- Cardio breaks down your muscles
- Cardio doesn’t burn calories throughout the day
Strength training (stuff like lifting weights and HIIT) has the opposite effect:
- Burns the worst kind of fat
- Builds muscles
- Burns calories throughout the day
Check out the video above to learn more, and join the conversation on Facebook.
Here’s the book I mentioned, The Great Cardio Myth.
What is your default workout? How do you feel about cardio? Share in the comments.
Your Dad Bod is Killing You
Don't wait until the New Year to work on your fitness goals.
Join the No Excuses November challenge now.